Friday 28 August 2015

“Come from forever, and you will go everywhere.”

Notes from Rimbaud.

" “...I is another. If the brass wakes the trumpet, it’s not its fault. That’s obvious to me: I witness the unfolding of my own thought: I watch it, I hear it: I make a stroke with the bow: the symphony begins in the depths, or springs with a bound onto the stage.

If the old imbeciles hadn’t discovered only the false significance of Self, we wouldn’t have to now sweep away those millions of skeletons which have been piling up the products of their one-eyed intellect since time immemorial, and claiming themselves to be their authors!”"

"
“...these poets here, you see, they are not of this world:let them live their strange life; let them be cold and hungry, let them run, love and sing: they are as rich as Jacques Coeur, all these silly children, for they have their souls full of rhymes, rhymes which laugh and cry, which make us laugh or cry: Let them live: God blesses all the merciful: and the world blesses the poets.”


“By being too sensitive I have wasted my life.”

“Genius is the recovery of childhood at will.”


“True alchemy lies in this formula: ‘Your memory and your senses are but the nourishment of your creative impulse’.”


“Whose hearts must I break? What lies must I maintain? - Through whose blood am I to wade ?”






No comments:

Post a Comment